Assistant Technical Services Manager
Position Description: Works closely with the Technical Service Manager in overseeing the department’s activities to maximize our responsiveness to the customer, both with phone support and field service visits, with an emphasis on increasing customer satisfaction and meeting key performance objectives.
Reports to: Technical Services Manager
- Associates degree in Electro/Mechanical Engineering and/or experience in related technical field. PLC experience a plus.
- Telesis product knowledge preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Package, with emphasis on Word and Excel.
- Strong computer background in Windows XP, 7, 8 & 10 based systems.
- Excellent oral, written, analytical, negotiation and interpersonal skills. Foreign language a plus.
- Ability to remain professional, patient and diplomatic under the most difficult circumstances.
- Possess a valid US Passport or ability to acquire a US Passport.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks and high levels of stress while following through with all tasks to completion.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Regular attendance & punctuality are a must.
- Work with the Technical Services Manager to oversee the day to day operations of the Technical Services department, Circleville location, to effectively and promptly manage the department’s needs, ensuring the dissemination of correct information in a timely manner.
- Serve as the technical services expert, answering questions involving the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the entire Telesis product line as requested by Customers, Technical Services Field Engineers, Sales Channel and/or others via telephone, email, conference calls, Zoom or any other means.
- Provide Escalated Trouble shooting support to determine next steps for customer. Onsite service vs. returning product for evaluation/ repair.
- Direct the Technical Services Department phone support program, including after-hours support. Ensure all calls and emails are logged into the ERP system and updated in a timely manner, and resolved to completion in a timely manner.
- Provide estimates and quotes for onsite service trips, Preventative Maintenance programs, etc.
- Schedules Field Service Engineers to various job sites, including setting up orders and jobs in /Syteline, as well as maintaining an up-to-date calendar of the department’s activities. Issue appropriate field service paperwork as required.
- Provide assistance to remote Telesis Service locations, including Distributors, in product/problem resolution.
- Meet with the Technical Services Mgr. on a regular basis to discuss activities, phone log, upcoming service trips, custom projects, areas of improvement, etc.
- Escalate to the Technical Services Mgr. any situation that requires management action.
- Maintain an expert level knowledge of all Telesis product lines, options/accessories and software. Obtain continuing education through self-study, in-house and outside training, keeping the Technical Services Mgr. advised of any class offerings that may help in your continuing education.
- Monthly review of the service backlog report and Value “To Be Shipped” Report. Advise the Service Manager as to the status of the department backlog including upcoming service trips and outstanding bills.
- Participate in Design Review and Quality Circle meetings as needed or directed.
- Participate in the investigation, evaluation and resolution of service issues, as directed.
- Travel as a Field Technical Services Engineer, as necessary.
- Provide technical assistance, when assigned, on technical support for product applications.
- Work with the Technical Services Mgr. to resolve customer dissatisfaction as related to the Technical Services team. Make follow-up calls to insure Customer satisfaction.
- Research to determine key decisions on warranty versus billable. Approve time records for hours worked, parts utilized, and work performed on each service call. Forwards such documents to the department manager for approval and communicating with the Accounting Department on all Field Service billing information.
- Serve as back-up to the Repairs Coordinator.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Life and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
Telesis Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Protected Veteran/Disability
Job Location: Circleville, Ohio